Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped endocrine gland present in the front portion of our neck, just below the Larynx or Adam’s apple. The gland though small in size, hardly weighing 25 gm, plays a vital role in controlling and regulating body’s functioning and metabolism. Thyroid gland primarily secretes the Triiodothyroxine (T3), Thyroxine (T4) and Calcitonin hormones. These hormonal productions is regulated by Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) secreted by Pituitary gland and Thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH) produced by Hypothalamus of Brain. There are many afflictions which can affect Thyroid gland chiefly among them being:
- Thyroiditis- inflammation of thyroid gland. It can be caused by an autoimmune condition called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis or after delivery (Post partal Thyroiditis). The inflammation is usually associated with Hypo or Hyper thyroidism and can be acute, sub acute or chronic in nature
- Hypothyroidism – It is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce sufficient amount of hormones. It can be due to reasons like Iodine deficiency, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Post delivery or stress. The symptoms of hypothyroidism includes :
- Hyperthyroidism – condition in which the thyroid gland produces secretion in excess there by increasing the rate of metabolism. It can occur due to conditions of thyroid like thyroiditis, increased intake of thyroid hormones, thyroid nodules, excessive iodine intake or Grave’s disease. Besides condition of thyroid conditions like Pituitary tumors can also lead to hyperthyroidism. The symptoms of hyperthyroidism includes:
- Goitre – visible enlargement and swelling of thyroid gland is known as goitre. It is caused mainly due to iodine deficiency and may or may not be associated with hypo or hyperthyroidism. The symptoms of goitre depend on the associated hypo or hyper thyroidism condition and the size. A goitre of large size can lead to pressure symptoms like
- difficulty in swallowing,
- hoarseness of voice and
- Thyroid Nodules – unusual overgrowths or bulges in the thyroid tissue are known as nodule. Generally these nodules are small and benign in nature with many patients remaining asymptomatic. But in few cases the nodule may turn malignant. When the thyroid nodule contains active thyroid secreting cells, it may cause symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Pressure symptoms like swallowing difficulty, hoarse voice and cough.
Homeopathy Treatment for Thyroid Diseases
Homeopathy Treatment is a safe and effective way of dealing with thyroid disorders. The conventional treatment of hormonal medications and surgical intervention though helps to regulate the hormonal levels in blood stream, the root cause leading to such disorders remain behind. Homeopathy with it’s constitutional approach based on patient’s physical, mental and emotional symptoms not only help to keep the hormonal level normal but also eliminate the root cause. At Dr.Care homeopathy, our team of well experienced doctors and dynamic medications has helped many in overcoming their thyroid issues.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Dr. Care Homeopathy Call Us @ 07337557851.
No. 69-1, 2nd Floor, Park View Enclave,
Road No. 1, Jubilee Hills,
Near TV5, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: +91 733-755-7853
Dr. A M REDDY NRI CLINIC
Every Friday: 12pm – 8pm
WhatsApp – +91 8182815524