Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune inflammatory condition of skin affecting people of all age groups. It is characterized by skin thickening and silvery scales and can affect skin in any place, scalp, legs, hands, chest, and back including nails of fingers and toes. In some cases, psoriatic inflammation may affect joints leading to arthritic type of painful symptoms known as Psoriatic arthritis.
What are the causes of Psoriasis?
Normally the cells of the outer layer of the skin are shed out every three to four weeks and replaced by new cells from the inner layer but in Psoriasis this process is speeded up leading to new cell formation even before old cell is shed causing thickening of the skin (hyperkeratosis). Though the exact cause of Psoriasis is not known, it is believed that the immune cells of our body attack the healthy skin cells assuming them to be foreign cells. This process has period of exacerbations and remission with the trigger factors being:
- Stress due to any reason
- Hereditary factors like positive family history, other auto immune disorders
- Skin injuries and infections
- Habits like smoking and drinking
- Vitamin D deficiency and certain medications like anti hypertensive drugs, etc.
What are the symptoms of Psoriasis?
The signs and symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient and may include
- Red thickened patches of skin with silvery scales
- Skin may be dry and cracked with bleeding
- Itching and burning sensation
- The nails may be pitted or ridged
- The joints may be painful and swollen
What are the types of Psoriasis?
Depending on the severity of symptoms and location psoriasis can be categorized as
- Plaque Psoriasis-red, raised scaly patches with severe itching found commonly on the skin over elbow, knee and scalp. This is the most common type of psoriasis
- Guttate Psoriasis- seen mostly in young people with many small scaly patches on the trunk and limbs usually triggered by streptococcal infection
- Inverse Psoriasis-with patches appearing mainly in armpits, groin region, below the breasts and other skin folds.
- Pustular psoriasis- when small pus filled blisters appears mainly on palms and soles.
- Erythrodermatic Psoriasis-red, peeling rash with severe burning and inflammation
- Psoriatic arthritis- where along with skin condition there is marked inflammation, swelling and stiffness of joints
- Nail Psoriasis- characterized by ridged and pitted nails, discoloration of nails and separation of nails from their bed.
Homeopathy Treatment for Psoriasis
Homeopathy treatment is safe and effective way of treating patients suffering from Psoriasis. The conventional treatment of applying topical creams or ointments and medications though gives relief but in many cases it has been proved to be temporary. Homeopathy on the contrary with its constitutional approach which works by dwelling on patient’s physical, mental and emotional status not only prolong the period of remissions but in many cases offered permanent and safe cure without any side effects. At Dr.Care homeopathy, our team of well experienced doctors and dynamic medications has helped many in overcoming Psoriasis
For more about the treatments and services offered by Dr. Care Homeopathy Call Us @ 07337557851.
No. 69-1, 2nd Floor, Park View Enclave,
Road No. 1, Jubilee Hills,
Near TV5, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: +91 733-755-7853
Dr. A M REDDY NRI CLINIC
Every Friday: 12pm – 8pm
WhatsApp – +91 8182815524