Diabetes mellitus, once known as rich man’s disease, it has now achieved the rank of major global epidemic affecting more than 450 million people. In India alone, more than 50 million people are affected by it and experts believe that soon India could become the World’s Capital for Diabetes.
What is Diabetes mellitus?
The word “Diabetes mellitus” means honey urine or madhumeha in sanskrit. It was so called as it was observed that this urine use to attract ants. It is not a new disease but an ancient one but believed to be affecting only affluent class. Often referred s blood sugar by lay man, diabetes is a metabolic disorder causing increased sugar or glucose level in the blood due to either insufficiency of insulin hormone or the unresponsiveness of the cells to insulin or both.
There are mainly four types of diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes or Insulin dependent diabetesGlucose metabolism and utilization is the prime responsibility of hormone Insulin secreted by the “beta cells” of Pancreas. In type 1 diabetes, the beta cells are lost leading to non secretion of insulin hormone. It is mainly considered as an auto immune hereditary condition and affects an individual at an early age, as early as in childhood.
- Type 2 diabetes or Non-Insulin dependent diabetesIn type 2 diabetes though the beta cells secrete Insulin, it is either inadequate or the body cells fail to respond to it. The defective responsiveness of body tissues to insulin is believed to involve the insulin receptor. However, the specific defects are not known. Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes. Earlier it use to affect persons after forty –fifty years of age but now a days we find young persons being affected by it. Obesity, stress, sedentary life style, family history, smoking, alcohol consumption, lack of sleep are all thought to be the risk factors for developing diabetes.
- Gestational DiabetesDiabetes occurring during the state of pregnancy is known as Gestational diabetes. Previously, apparently normal woman may develop high blood sugar levels during her pregnancy. It may be transient and sugar levels could come down to normalcy after delivery but in some it can lead to Type 2 diabetes
- Maturity Onset Diabetes of YoungAcronymed as MODY, it is an autosomal dominant genetic disorder affecting insulin production and often runs in families.
The classical symptoms of diabetes are:
- High blood sugar
- Frequent thirst
- Increased appetite
- Increased frequency in urination
- Losing weight in spite of eating well
- Burning sensation in feet, numbness and tingling in extremities
Besides these symptoms the increased concentration of sugar in blood for a prolonged period of time can lead to many complications like diabetic retinopathy causing vision disturbances, diabetic nephropathy or kidney problems, diabetic neuropathy affecting nerves which can lead to problems like burning sensation or loss of sensation, feeling of imbalance, ejaculation disorders in males, urinary incontinence etc. Diabetes is also the major risk factor for hypertension, atherosclerosis and heart disorders. Frequent infections, poor healing of wounds, non healing ulcers are also other complications of diabetes.
Homeopathy Treatment For Diabetes Mellitus:
Diabetes treatment includes life style and dietary modifications along with medications. Homeopathy Treatment is a safe and effective way of dealing with diabetes and its complications. The conventional treatment of hormonal medications though helps to regulate the hormonal levels in blood stream, the root cause leading to such disorder remain behind. Homeopathy with its constitutional approach based on patient’s physical, mental and emotional symptoms not only help to keep the hormonal level normal but also eliminate the root cause. At Dr.Care homeopathy, our team of well experienced doctors and dynamic medications has helped many in leading a healthy and normal life.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Dr. Care Homeopathy Call Us @ 07337557851.
No. 69-1, 2nd Floor, Park View Enclave,
Road No. 1, Jubilee Hills,
Near TV5, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: +91 733-755-7853
Dr. A M REDDY NRI CLINIC
Every Friday: 12pm – 8pm
WhatsApp – +91 8182815524