Allergy or hypersensitivity is a condition when an individual over reacts to any substance which in normal course is considered harmless, for example body spray, dust mite, pollen, etc. These substances are known as “allergens” which stimulate the allergic reaction in hypersensitive person. The hypersensitive reaction can be manifested by different symptoms like hay fever, urticarial rash, asthma, atopic dermatitis and anaphylaxis.
Allergens can be any normal substance which is usually harmless in individuals. Ina hypersensitive person when exposed to an allergen it stimulates the circulating antibodies Immunoglobulin E (IgE), a part of our body’s defense mechanism. This in turn triggers the White blood Cells/WBC’s (Basophils) to release chemical called Histamine which is responsible for the allergic symptoms. It causes blood vessels to dilate leading to local swelling and heat along with itching sensation.
What stimulates allergic reaction in few and why not in others is a matter of considerable debate. It was earlier believed that allergies run in families making it a genetic disorder, but now it is believed that both hereditary and environment factors play a role. The allergens could be anything-food items like peanuts, almonds, shell fish etc, synthetic clothes, soap, watch straps, artificial jewelry, tobacco smoke, pollen, dust mite, aerosol sprays, etc.
They can be many different forms of allergies depending on the location and trigger factor for allergic reactions. Common types of allergic reactions are:
- Skin allergies – in which the site of allergic reaction is skin. It can be either due to direct exposure of skin to allergens like in Contact dermatitis and Eczema or could be triggered by intake of certain food, parasitic infestation, insect or bee stings, sun etc, like in Urticaria (hives) and Angioedema
- Respiratory Allergies – where the site of allergic reaction is in the respiratory system and most often triggered by inhaling an allergen like dust mite, pollen, mould, aerosols etc. Respiratory allergies could lead to allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchitis or asthma.
- Food allergies- the site of allergic reaction could be in digestive tract or may manifest itself on skin or respiratory tract.
- Allergy to Medications, etc.
The symptoms of allergic reaction vary depending on the site and severity of allergic reaction. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Allergic Rhinitis – Sneezing, itching inside nostril, coryza or running nose, fever and sinusitis
- Asthma – Shortness of breath, wheezing, cough with or without expectoration
- Urticaria or hives – itching, redness, wheals, localized swelling
- Eczema or atopic dermatitis – itching and dryness of skin and reddish brown patches on skin. Skin may be cracked, scaly, raw and sensitive. This condition is more common in children than adults.
- Food and Drug allergies – may cause vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, itching sensation in palette and shortness of breath. In severe cases there may also have swelling of lips, mouth, throat leading to fatal consequences if not intervened on time
Though most of the allergic symptoms are mild and transient in nature but severe reactions can be life threatening. They also affect a person’s life style and morale.
Best Homeopathy Treatment For Allergy | Homeopathy Doctors for Allergy in Vizag, AP
The principle behind homeopathy treatment is to cure the person not the disease. It’s highly individualistic approach based on a person’s mental, physical and emotional symptoms, modalities and trigger factors not only help to shorten an attack and reduce it’s intensity but also helps first to reduce frequency of attacks and reduce the need for dependency on anti-allergics and gives a long lasting relief. It helps the asthmatic persons to lead a normal and healthy life style without any side effects. At Dr.Care homeopathy, our team of well experienced doctors and dynamic medications has helped many in overcoming their allergies.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Dr. Care Homeopathy Call Us @ 07337557851.
No. 69-1, 2nd Floor, Park View Enclave,
Road No. 1, Jubilee Hills,
Near TV5, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: +91 733-755-7853
Dr. A M REDDY NRI CLINIC
Every Friday: 12pm – 8pm
WhatsApp – +91 8182815524