Who do not like to have lustrous, healthy and shining hair? In fact for many hair is their identity and pride. Hair loss though not a life threatening disease, it affects person’s morale and confidence and people facing it try many a remedies to control it.
What is considered as hair loss?
We have anywhere between 100,000 to 150,000 hair follicles in our head. Normal hair has a growing phase, transition phase and a resting phase after which the hair falls out and is replaced by new hair. Generally speaking it is normal to lose 100-120 strands of hair in a single day but anything beyond it is considered as hair loss or alopecia. The initial signs of hair loss or thinning can be noticed while shampooing or brushing one’s hair and it can be generalized or patchy in nature.
What are the causes for hair loss?
The causes for hair loss could be
- Genetics- The typical male pattern baldness i.e. receding hair line and loss of hair at the top and front is linked to hereditary factors i.e. runs in family either father or mother’s side.
- Hormonal- causes like hypo or hyper thyroidism can affect the hair growth pattern leading to excessive loss. Similarly women may also see hair loss after pregnancy and delivery due to hormonal imbalance. Women suffering from PCOD also show hair loss due to more production of male hormones
- Infections- like tinea capitis (fungal), infestations with parasites like head lice and mites, syphilis etc. can cause hair loss
- Nutritional Deficiencies – of essential vitamins and minerals like iron, copper, zinc, Vitamin D and E etc. can lead to hair loss
- Stress- Both emotional and physical stress can cause hair loss. Physical stress like post recovery from debilitating disease like typhoid, jaundice can cause extreme hair loss in a short period of time a condition known as telogen effluvium. Giving stress to the hair by exposure to pollution, using harsh chemicals and gels for styling, excess of heat all can lead to hair loss. Tight pony tails, pulling at the hair harshly and frequent back brushing can also cause hair loss
- Other Conditions
- Alopecia aereta- an autoimmune disorder where there is hair loss in patches and sometimes may extend to the entire body.
- Old age
- Chronic problems like Diabetes, Lupus
How can hair fall be controlled?
Hair fall can be controlled to certain extent by:
- Nutritional diet- Eating well balanced timely meals and having plenty of fluids can reduce hair fall. Including fresh fruits, almonds, sesame seeds, dates, egg and fish in the diet also helps to some extent.
- Shampoo the hair weekly at least three times. Do not use harsh medicated shampoos, use mild shampoos. Ensure the shampoo is free of chemicals like sulfate, silicon and paraben. Use conditioners like egg, yoghurt, methi seeds etc.
- Pamper your hair with oil massage before shampooing
- Avoid harsh chemical treatments to hair like styling, straightening, perming, and coloring.
- Avoid hot showers and combing on wet hair
- Maintain an active and healthy life style
Homeopathic Treatment at Dr Care Homeopathy
Treatment at Dr Care Homeopathy is done after detailed case taking which includes the complete emotional and physical status of a person. The cause for Hair fall is analyzed and with our advance constitutional medication Hair fall is not only controlled but hair growth is also stimulated in many cases without any side effects.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Dr. Care Homeopathy Call Us @ 07337557851.
Dr. Care Homeopathy
Dr. A.M. Reddy founded Dr.Care Homeopathy Group which includes the chain of Dr.Care Homeopathy and Dental clinics across India in the year 2005.
He is known to be one of the renowned Homeopaths in India and has been practicing Homeopathy since decades.
No. 69-1, 2nd Floor, Park View Enclave,
Road No. 1, Jubilee Hills,
Near TV5, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: +91 733-755-7853