With growing pollution levels respiratory disorders are on the rise one of the most common respiratory disorders is Asthma. Asthma is a respiratory disorder characterized by periods of breathlessness with whistling sound in respiratory passages and pain in chest region. The intensity of symptoms and severity varies from individual to individual and is caused mainly due to hereditary and environmental factors.
What are the causes for Asthma?
Previously, asthma was thought to be predominantly hereditary in nature running in families but now it is considered to be triggered by a complex of psychological, environmental and genetic factors.
- Genetic factors – Most often a positive family history is elicited in asthmatics. More than 25 genes have been found to be linked with asthma. The body’s response to certain environmental factors depend on the genetic constitution of a person
- Environmental factors – triggering air pollution like smog, dust, smoke and other allergens like pollen, dust mites, animal exfoliations like feathers, droppings etc, pesticides etc have been found to cause asthmatic attacks in predisposed towards it.
- Allergies – People who are prone to hypersensitive reactions or allergic reactions are more prone to develop asthma. The release of chemical “histamine” during allergic reactions can cause bronchospasm leading to asthmatic attack. The trigger factor for allergic reaction could be any substance be it food item like fish, brinjal, etc, perfume, deodorants, medications etc. The allergy may affect skin causing rash known as Urticaria, some may have chronic skin conditions like eczema associated with asthma and allergic rhinitis too. A condition in which Asthma is associated with skin eczema ad allergic rhinitis is known as atopy.
- Emotional – asthma is considered as psychosomatic disorder by some. Emotional factors like anger, depression, and stress may also trigger asthma.
- Other factors – like obesity, tobacco smoking, few viral infections and acidity etc., can also cause asthma
What are the symptoms of Asthma?
Asthma usually begins in childhood, most often people with asthmatic tendency have their first attack in childhood. The attack varies in severity and can be triggered by any of the above mentioned factors and may last from few hours to few days. Even during non attack period, they may show signs of easy fatigue and shortness of breath after slight physical exertion. Common symptoms during asthmatic attack are:
- Dyspnoea or breathlessness
- Chest tightness
- Cough especially at night
- Unable to lie down
The principle behind homeopathy treatment is to cure the person not the disease. It’s highly individualistic approach based on a person’s mental, physical and emotional symptoms, modalities and trigger factors not only help to shorten an attack and reduce it’s intensity but also helps first to reduce frequency of attacks and reduce the need for dependency on inhalers and nebulizers and gives a long lasting relief. It helps the asthmatic persons to lead a normal and healthy life style without any side effects. . At Dr.Care homeopathy, our team of well experienced doctors and dynamic medications has helped many in overcoming their asthma.
For more about the treatments and services offered by Dr. Care Homeopathy Call Us @ 07337557851.
Dr. Care Homeopathy
Dr. A.M. Reddy founded Dr.Care Homeopathy Group which includes the chain of Dr.Care Homeopathy and Dental clinics across India in the year 2005.
He is known to be one of the renowned Homeopaths in India and has been practicing Homeopathy since decades.
No. 69-1, 2nd Floor, Park View Enclave,
Road No. 1, Jubilee Hills,
Near TV5, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
Phone: +91 733-755-7853